We created LunaYou because
- Today, U.S. women are 50% more likely to die or experience a serious complication in childbirth than their mothers.
- Women on Medicaid are 82% more likely to develop life threatening complications than women who are privately insured.
- Black women are 3x more likely to die in childbirth than white women.
- Black and Latina women experience rising and disproportionately higher rates of premature births.
- 38% of women of color suffer from postpartum depression compared to 16% of white women.
Empowering each woman to take charge of her pregnancy journey, with the confidence that she can influence better outcomes.
Facilitating the connection of a small group of family and friends to support each woman on her pregnancy journey.
Enabling direct and trusted access to a real-time flow of information relevant to a woman’s maternal health and wellbeing, and her pregnancy.
Enabling women to engage with medical care and social services quickly when needed to respond to real time changes in her maternal risk patterns.
Catalyzing a micro-culture of racial sensitivity, respect and honest communication to lessen the stress of interacting with today’s healthcare system while working with providers to address biases.
Courtney LesterWellbeing Coach
Tori DrewOperations Manager
Liz OukOffice Coordinator
Victoria GuckFinance Operations
Saul KaplanFounder & Chief Catalyst
Sam K.Digital Media
Angela Bannerman AnkomaExecutive Vice President,
Director of Community Investment,
United Way RI
Ami Bhatt, MDDirector, MGH Adult
Gisel BelloMD Candidate, Class of 2021 Alpert Medical School
Melissa CummingsExecutive Vice President and Chief Customer Officer, Blue Cross Blue Shield RI
Margaret Holland McDuffCEO, Family Service
of Rhode Island
Stephanie Mitchell,Advanced Practice Certified Nurse Midwife, Providence, RI
CNM MSN DNP
Pablo Rodriguez, MDMedical Director for Community Affairs,
Care New England
Renee B. Rulin, MD MPHNational Medical Director
Ralph Perfetto, PhD MBAHealthcare IT leader. expertise in
data analytics, personalized wellbeing, software development
Sandra Victorino, LMHCDirector of Acute Care
The Providence Center
Vanessa VigilExecutive Master of Healthcare Leadership, Brown University, May ’20
Joe Wilson, Jr.Coordinator Of Activism Through Performance And Resident Acting Company Member, Trinity Rep
Yolanda WisherPoet, Singer, Educator and
Curator of Spoken Word,