We created LunaYou because
- Today, U.S. women are 50% more likely to die or experience a serious complication in childbirth than their mothers.
- Women on Medicaid are 82% more likely to develop life threatening complications than women who are privately insured.
- Black women are 3x more likely to die in childbirth than white women.
- Black and Latina women experience rising and disproportionately higher rates of premature births.
- 38% of women of color suffer from postpartum depression compared to 16% of white women.
Designed for You
LunaYou is designed to support your wellbeing both before and after your baby is born. Scientists say that increased wellbeing leads to positive maternal health outcomes.
Empowering you with the knowledge, skills, and social connections you need to increase your wellbeing.
Together with a wellbeing coach, you will uncover what motivates you and learn to set realistic goals that will put you at the center of your pregnancy.
Respect and Equity
You deserve to be listened to, and respected during your pregnancy. Any decisions about your health or pregnancy should be made by you.
Courtney LesterWellbeing Coach
Tori DrewProgram Management
Victoria GuckOperations Manager
Sky BowkerSocial Media & Business Model Design Intern
Saul KaplanFounder & Chief Catalyst
Sam K.Digital Media
Angela Bannerman AnkomaExecutive Vice President,
Director of Community Investment,
United Way RI
Ami Bhatt, MDDirector, MGH Adult
Gisel BelloMD Candidate, Class of 2021 Alpert Medical School
Melissa CummingsExecutive Vice President and Chief Customer Officer, Blue Cross Blue Shield RI
Margaret Holland McDuffCEO, Family Service
of Rhode Island
Stephanie Mitchell,Advanced Practice Certified Nurse Midwife, Providence, RI
CNM MSN DNP
Pablo Rodriguez, MDMedical Director for Community Affairs,
Care New England
Renee B. Rulin, MD MPHNational Medical Director
Ralph Perfetto, PhD MBAHealthcare IT leader. expertise in
data analytics, personalized wellbeing, software development
Sandra Victorino, LMHCDirector of Acute Care
The Providence Center
Vanessa VigilExecutive Master of Healthcare Leadership, Brown University, May ’20
Joe Wilson, Jr.Coordinator Of Activism Through Performance And Resident Acting Company Member, Trinity Rep
Yolanda WisherPoet, Singer, Educator and
Curator of Spoken Word,